Expanding Educational Opportunity through Collaboration, Innovation, and Policy
Dr. Keller is a prominent innovator in educational policy and practice, with broad experience in public service and university administration and teaching. Throughout his career, he has been committed to expanding educational opportunities, accelerating innovation, and improving policy deliberations about primary, secondary, and higher education, with a demonstrated track record of leadership and impact.
- Commissioner of Higher Education, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, 2019-present
- Educational Policy Consultant, 2008-19.
- Director of Research, Speaker’s Office, Texas House of Representatives, 2003-09.
- Senior Education Policy Advisor, Speaker’s Office, Texas House of Representatives, 2003.
- Project Director, Charles A. Dana Center, UT Austin, 2000-03.
- Associate Research Scientist, Charles A. Dana Center, UT Austin 1999-2000.
- Education Analyst and Legislative Associate, Texas State Representative Dianne White Delisi, 1998-99.
- Research Assistant, Texas State Senator Troy Fraser, 1998.
- Deputy to the President for Strategy and Policy, UT Austin, 2015-19.
- Vice Provost for Higher Education Policy and Research, UT Austin, 2009-15.
- Executive Director, Center for Teaching and Learning, UT Austin, 2010-15.
- Clinical Professor of Public Policy Practice, LBJ School of Public Affairs, UT Austin, 2014-19.
- Professor of Practice, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy, UT Austin, 2018-19.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy, UT Austin, 2013-18.
- Senior Lecturer, College of Education, UT Austin, 2009-13.
- Visiting Faculty, LBJ School of Public Affairs, UT Austin, 2003-04, 2009-14.
- Adjunct Professor, St. Edward’s University, Austin, Texas, 1999-2000.
- Lecturer, Georgetown University, 1997-98.
- Lieutenant (1635/Intelligence), United States Navy Reserve, 2005-15.